MOST READ SECTIONS

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

LU Yosi Break SPECIAL EDITION: Mich Orosa, the GF.

LU Yosi Break SPECIAL EDITION: Michelle Orosa, the GF. :)



I always thought of games as just that, games. And for a while I couldn’t understand why you were so serious about it. But I understand now (biglang bawi heehee).



Mich currently works for ANC as one of their premiere business journalists. She's worked for the very best in the industry, including a 2-year stint as Senior Editorial Assistant to business media giant Tony Lopez (BizNewsAsia Magazine). Mich has also travelled to Germany on several occassions to refine her craft. It's simply amazing and bizarre how such a elegant, classy, and hot girl hooked up with a grizzly gamer like me (haha!). We've been together for 6 years now and we just can't wait for *that* day to come.

Wauks: Okay, let’s get down to business! I’m big, into games, and clumsy. What is it that you found in me that made you say “yes”?

Mich: You were a paradox of sorts. You were uber confident when you were speaking in public (a.k.a giving reports in the classroom) but with me you showed a softer side, kind of shy, and very caring. I felt very flattered you showed me that side of yours, even as I was already infatuated with your "public" side.

Wauks: How hard was it to have a boyfriend for a gamer? I mean - what was it about me being a gamer that pissed you off?

Mich: I knew it was going to be hard the moment my kuya said "He plays counterstrike?! Buti if he'll still pay attention to you!" I guess that while I understood that someone could get lost while playing a game, I never really encountered someone that could get lost while playing a game and after playing that game because he was talking about strategies with his guildmates. I always thought of games as just that, games. And for a while I couldn’t understand why you were so serious about it. But I understand now (biglang bawi heehee).

Wauks: Okay, good thing I didn't get to much flak from your brother. By the way, I've been meaning to ask this for some time...What's your take on it? I mean, about me being serious about games?

Mich: You're serious with anything you're passionate about. It's that simple. It could be a book, or even a monopoly game for crying out loud, and you'd still think beyond the rules and do your best and beat everyone else because they didn't think of it the way you do.

Wauks: Wow, thanks for the ego boost, hehe. Is there anything positive about me being a gamer that has made any impact on our relationship for the past 6 years?

Mich: Like you always say, it's better than drugs or alcohol! It gives you a stress reliever-outlet kind of thing when we have problems heehee.

Wauks: Hey hey hey, it really IS better than drugs or alcohol. Better a gamer than an alcoholic (LOL). Was there an instance na you were happy that I was a gamer?

Mich: I think I was happy when I found out we could get married in Ragnarok. It’s the closest we could get to the real thing. And I thought seeing a blacksmith and a dancer stand together was really cool.

Wauks: Let's talk in general terms - do you think everyone is a gamer? I mean, they just haven't found the game that would hook 'em in yet? Have you found a game that sucked you in like RO did to me?

Mich: I think games exist because everyone wants a chance to get away for a little while. I do believe there's a game for everybody. Could be as simple as Tetris or something as complicated as RO or WOW, it's really just a matter of what distracts you to the point of sheer joy for those few minutes or hours you set aside to play the game. I liked City of Heroes for a while… but I guess I like Diner Dash 2 more. :)

Wauks: Okay last question. Mas masarap ba mag-mahal ang gamer?

Mich: All I can say is for this gamer, yes. :)

Michelle Orosa will be a happily married woman with a dedicated husband in a few years from now.

Thank you so much for agreeing to this. To all my readers, hope you guys find your special someone soon. :)

CHEERS!



I think I was happy when I found out we could get married in Ragnarok. It’s the closest we could get to the real thing.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Me wants STITCH!!!

Mhuu~ said...

hehehe nice to see you blogging about your better half chief. ^^V

It just shows that we gamers (or in toher terms otakus) also have a normal life like other people. ^^V

Dodgepodge said...

Awww nice basahin. :) Recently I convinced my GF to play RO rin, para magpakasal kami in game. But then the Thor problem came, and now I can't even patch Thor after reinstalling...

Pero in game kelangan ko pa mag ipon para sa kasal. :D

Anonymous said...

I remember the days. XD

Mr. and Mrs. Waukeen. XD

rolly07 said...

You did quite a good proposal for a "gamer." ;-)